Using Netflix on your PlayStation 3

Welcome to Netflix on your PlayStation! Use this article to learn about Netflix features and how to set up and sign out of your account. If you’re unsure if your device supports Netflix, follow the steps in the “Set up Netflix” section to attempt to locate the Netflix app.

Netflix Features

Set up Netflix

Sign out of Netflix

Netflix in Ultra HD

Netflix in HDR

Image titled Access Netflix on PlayStation 3 Step 5

Netflix streaming features on PlayStation 3 include:

Supported Regions

Netflix is available on the Sony PlayStation 3 in all regions where the Netflix service is available.

Navigation

Browse rows of movie posters or select Search to find movies.

Resolution

Stream TV shows and movies up to 1080p. Titles with an HD symbol will stream in high definition if your internet connection supports 5 megabits per second or more.

Subtitles & Alternate Audio

Select Audio and Subtitles to turn on subtitles or 5.1 surround sound if they are offered by the TV show or movie.

2nd Screen

Use the Netflix app on an iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, or Android device as a 2nd Screen for your PlayStation's Netflix app.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Telegram Whatsapp Pocket
May 20, 2020 7:42 AM

It doesn’t matter what console you have because you need ps network to access the ps store and install Netflix and sign into it and actually play movies and tv shows (to be honest… the only thing that doesn’t require internet is scrolling through the pages.)

May 20, 2020 7:47 AM

Well I have a play station 3 slim version if that helps. However interface would remain more or less the same. You just need to connect the Ethernet cable to your PS3 Console. Go the settings tab, den network settings and select connect.

Once your connected to the internet, go to the PlayStation Store and download Netflix. Enter your credentials and your good to go. Trust me it sounds complicated however when your done you will surprised to how easy it.

May 20, 2020 7:54 AM

Netflix unlimited streaming members can instantly watch thousands of TV episodes & movies on their PlayStation®3 console. Simply download the Netflix application on your PS3™ by going to the TV/Video Services column on the XMB and then sign-in to your Netflix account.

May 20, 2020 7:57 AM

You can force an update by deleting the app and re-installing. Normally it keeps itself up to date.

NB: The last time I used it, it still sucked. I switched to Apple TV for my Netflix viewing.

If you're experiencing choppy or freezing video while streaming Netflix on your PlayStation 3, it's typically caused by an issue with storing and retrieving information from the PS3's memory. In these cases, video choppiness will usually happen on all titles, immediately or after a brief window of normal playback.

May 20, 2020 8:01 AM

Use your PlayStation 3 console to stream Netflix movies straight to your TV. When you combine the PlayStation 3’s built-in high-definition Blu-Ray disc player with a high-speed Internet connection and enough hard drive space to store thousands of movies.

You have the perfect setup for streaming Netflix movies. The only other thing you need to get started is an unlimited Netflix account and a free Blu-Ray streaming media disc.

May 20, 2020 8:02 AM